The City of The Village encourages all residents to participate in our recycling program. Recycling is one of the most important steps you can take to protect the environment, conserve resources, and reduce landfill costs. Our single-stream curbside recycling service is designed to make recycling easy and convenient, with no sorting required.
What Can I Recycle?
Our recycling program accepts a wide range of materials, including:
- Paper: This category includes office paper, magazines, and paperback books.
- Mixed Paper: Items like newspapers, junk mail, and more can be recycled.
- Cardboard: Both corrugated cardboard and boxboard are recyclable.
- Metal Cans: Aluminum and steel cans are accepted in the program.
- Glass: We welcome all glass bottles and jars in clear, green, and brown colors.
- Plastics: Plastic containers with Codes #1 through #7 are recyclable.
What NOT to Recycle
Please do not include the following items in your recycling poly cart:
- Any plastic not bearing #1 through #7
- Grass clippings or any yard waste
- Window glass
- Regular trash
How to Participate
1. Find Your Area: Use our Recycling Route Map (PDF) to locate your area and pick-up day, or contact the Utility Billing Department at 405-751-8861, ext. 255 to have a staff member look it up for you!
2. Check The Calendar: Check the Recycling Calendar (PDF) to identify the designated days (highlighted in green) of the month when you should put your recycling poly cart out. (We also have recycling weeks listed in the side panel of this page for your convenience.)
3. Recycle : Recyclable materials are picked up every other week. You should place your green recycling poly cart in front of your residence at the curb no later than 6:00 a.m. on your pickup day.